Location: St. Ignace, MI - DSS&A dock
The Duluth, South Shore and Atlantic railroad owned interest in the Mackinaw Transportation Company, which operated the railroad car ferry between Mackinaw City and St. Ignace. They switched the St. Ignace dock at this location.
Image Info/Credit: Top, the Chief Wawatam is docked at St. Ignace. in 1963. [Charles Geletzke Jr.]
1918: The DSS&A had an operator during the day at this location. [TRT]