Station: Armada, MI
Armada, in Macomb County, was settled about 1834. The village was first known as Burk's Corners, then Honeoye. But it was changed when the village was incorporated as Armada in 1867. [MPN].
Armada is located on what was a Grand Trunk Western branch line about six miles northeast of Romeo.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a freight train pulled by GTW 5642 pulls past the depot at Armade. From the 1940's. [Dan Meinhard collection]. 2nd and 3rd photos, the GTW depot in the 1970's. [Charlie Whipp]. 4th photo, a old photo of the same depot. [Alan Loftis collection]. 5th photo, the depot in 2005, now a private residence. [Alan Loftis]