Station: New Baltimore, MI
From a steam railroad standpoint, New Baltimore was a bit "off the beaten path". The town is about ten miles northeast of Mt. Clemens on the shore of Lake St. ClaIr. But the town did receive rail service by an interurban line which operated under various names and ownerships.
The town was settled about 1796 and a sawmill was built here. In 1851, a dock was established. It was first called Ashleyville and then renamed New Baltimore in 1855. It became a village in 1867 and a city in 1931. [MPN]
Photo Info/Credit: The interurban railroad depot at New Baltimore with a train in front. Note the semaphore signal which was used for train orders and as a block signal. [T.J. Gaffney collection]