Station: Sterling Heights, MI
Sterling Heights was known as Sterling Township when the railroad came through in the 1800's. It became a city in 1968. The area was settled about 1835 and the township was called Jefferson. In 1838 it was renamed Sterling. [MPN]
Sterling was a station on the Michigan Central (now Conrail Shared Assets) line which ran between Detroit and Bay City.