Station: Washington, MI
Washington was settled about 1821 as a part of Washington Township in Macomb County. [MPN]
The town was on the Grand Trunk Western air line, later called the Romeo Subdivision, about six miles southwest of Romeo.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Washington depot taken about 1920. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, GTW 4918 works near the Washington elevator in 1984. [Charlie Whipp]. 3rd photo, GTW 4618 pulls a branch line train on the Romeo sub near Washington in 1995. [Larry Sobxzak]. 4th photo, GTW 4706 pulls the Romeo local near Washington, MI in 1987. [Charlie Whipp], 5th photo, the Detroit United Railways interurban car and station in Washington. [Alan Loftis collection]. 6th photo, a 2003 photo of the depot, now used as a party store. This is probably the only semaphore protected party store in the United States. [Alan Loftis]