Print

Station: Stronach, MI

Stronach MI depotStronach was settled about 1841 as Paggeotville. The name was changed to Stronach in 1841 with a saw mill being built there. It was a station on the Pere Marquette railroad about five miles southeast of Manistee at the south tip of Manistee Lake.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, a passenger train stops at the PM depot at Stronach. Note that the depot was built on posts high off the ground which was unusual. An old train order mast is in front of the building. [Mark Worrall collection]