Print

Station: Wellston, MI

PM Welston MI Depot PM Welston MI DepotWellston, in Manistee County, was settled about 1885 as a station on the Chicago & West Michigan (later PM) about 18 miles east of Manistee. It was on their line from Grand Rapids to Traverse City and was about 15 miles south of Kaleva. The town may have been founded by the Swigart Land Company. [MPN]

Photo Info/Credit: Top, an old view of the PM depot at Wellston with the train order/block signal and station sign in view. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, another early view of the depot and surrounding area. [Mark Worrall collection]