Station: Epworth, MI
Epworth, in Mason County, was founded by the Epworth League of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Michigan in 1894 as a place to conduct chatauqua programs and cultural art classes. [MPN]
The resort area was located about two miles north of downtown Ludington on a short branch line which went farther north to Hamlin Lake.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a "dummy" locomotive loads a passenger train at Epworth. The train, known as the "Dummy Train" ran between the lake at pworth and Ludington during the tourist season. This is an early postcard view.