Print

Station: Scottsville, MI

PM Scottville MI Depot PM Scottville MI Depot PM Scottville MI Depot PM Scottville MI Depot PM Scottville MI DepotScottsville was founded in 1874 as Mason Center in Mason County. A sawmill was built here in 1878. In 1879 it cas called Sweetland and renamed Scottville in 1882. The town became a village in 1889 and a city in 1907. [MPN]

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Scottville depot, date unknown. Not the overgown ivy near the tlegrapher's bay. 2nd photo, the depot under C&O ownership in 1976. 3rd photo, another view of the depot from the other direction in the Pere Marquette days. [Alan Loftis collection]. 4th photo a detailed photo of an arriving 3-car PM passenger train. [T.J. Gaffney collection]. 5th photo, a 1977 view of the abandoned depot. [Charles Geletzke Jr.]