Station: Barryton, MI
Barryton was founded in northeast Mecosa county in 1894. It was a station stop on the Detroit, Grand Rapids & Western (later PM). It was incorporated as a village in 1908. [MPN]
The town was located at the end of a PM forest branch line between Mecosta and Barryton. The town is about 20 miles east of Big Rapids.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PM depot at Barryton. [Alan Loftis collection]