Station: Mecosta, MI
Mecosta was settled about 1851 in central Mecosta County. In 1879 the Detroit, Lansing & Northern railroad came through here and established a station stop. The town was incorporated as a village in 1883. [MPN]
Mecosta was on the DL&N (later PM) branch line between Stanton and Big Rapids. It is about 15 miles east of Big Rapids.
1882 improvements. The DL&N built a new pump-house and water tank at West Branch, near Mecosta. [DL&N-1882]
1907 new facilities. The PM installed a new water station here. [PMAR-1907]