Print

Station: Remus, MI

PM Remus MI depotRemus was originally settled three miles west of its present site with a sawmill and called Bingen. It was moved here in 1869 to be on the line of the Detroit, Lansing & Northern railroad which had just come through Mecosta County. It was renamed Remus in 1890. [MPN]

Remus was on the PM line between Stanton and Big Rapids, about 20 miles southeast of Big Rapids. The town was also a junction point for a PM forest branch line east from Remus to Weidman in Isabella County.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PM depot at Rumus. [Alan Loftis collection]