Station: Stephenson, MI
Stephenson was a settlement on the Little Cedar River in south central Menominee County. It was settled about 1872 when the Chicago & North Western railroad came through here on their line between Menominee and Powers. It was originally named Wacedah but renamed to Stephenson in 1876. The town was incorporated as a village in 1898.
Station. The C&NW station in Stephenson was located at Menominee and Mill Streets and was buiilt about 1900. [UPM]
Little Cedar River Bridge. The C&NW extended its line from Menominee to Powerrs in 1877, passing through Stephenson, making this at least the second bridge at this location. It was built in 1917 by the Wisconsin Bridge and Iron Company of Milwaukee. It is a single-span steel riveted triple-intersection Warren through truss, 12' wide and 120' long. [UPM]