Station: Wallace, MI
Wallace was a lumber town which the railroad encouraged through a land grant for forest lands. It was settled in the early 1870's. [MPN]
Wallace was located about six miles south of Stephenson in Menomninee County and is located on the Chicago & North Western railroad (now CN) main line between Menominee and Escanaba.
Photo Info/Credit: The C&NW depot at Wallace. [Alan Loftis collection]