Print

Station: Koss, MI

Koss, in southwest Menominee County, was located on the Wisconsin & Michigan railroad line, just north of the Menominee River and state line. The townsite was settled about 1894 and a lumber and shingle mill was located here on the north side of the river. The village was called Fisher at first, but renamed Koss when the name was unavailable due to another town of the same name in Michigan at the time. The village was devastated by a forest fire on May 14, 1900. [MPN] Further fires occurred in 1902, 1908 and 1930. [Wiki]