Station: Averill, MI
Averill was settled about 1868 in central Midland County, about six miles northwest of downtown Midland. This was a lumbering settlement. [MPN] Also known as Averills.
The Flint & Pere Marquette railroad came through here about 1870 and a station stop was established.
1868 new station. A new station house for passengers and freight 85x30' was built at a cost of $1,500. A turntable was moved to this point and rebuilt. A dwelling house for use of employees was also overhauled. [F&PM-1868]