Station: Sanford, MI

PM Sanford MI Depot PM Sanford MI Depot PM Sanford MI Depot PM Sanford MI DepotSanford was settled about 1864 in central Midland County. The village, originally called Sanfordville was shortened to Sanford in 1871, which was the year the Flint & Pere Marquette railroad came through. [MPN]

The PM line, later operated by the C&O and CSX, was removed about 1987. The town is about eight miles west of Midland.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Pere Marquette station at Sanford with the station agent standing out front. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo a view of the depot amidst a flood. 3rd photo, a 1916 photo of downtown Sanford with the railroad, depot and a caboose. [Alan Loftis collection. 4th photo, a 2003 photo of the former PM depot in Sanford. [Alan Loftis]