Station: Sanford, MI
Sanford was settled about 1864 in central Midland County. The village, originally called Sanfordville was shortened to Sanford in 1871, which was the year the Flint & Pere Marquette railroad came through. [MPN]
The PM line, later operated by the C&O and CSX, was removed about 1987. The town is about eight miles west of Midland.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Pere Marquette station at Sanford with the station agent standing out front. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo a 1916 photo of downtown Sanford with the railroad, depot and a caboose. [Alan Loftis collection. 3rd photo, a 2003 photo of the former PM depot in Sanford. [Alan Loftis]