Station: Milan, MI
Today, a larger part of Milan is in Washtenaw County, but the original railroad crossing and depots were in Monroe County. The area was settled about 1830, with the railroads coming through in the 1870's. [MPN]
Milan was the crossing of the east-west Wabash railroad (now Norfolk Southern) and the north-south Ann Arbor railroad.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, an early photo of the Milan depot and first interlocking tower. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the new tower and depot about 1983. [Charlie Whipp]. 3rd photo, the Ann Arbor/Wabash freight house in 1972. [Charles Geletzke Jr.]