Interlocking: Milan Tower, MI
Milan interlocking tower controlled the crossing of the Wabash main line (Detroit to Montpelier, OH) and the Ann Arbor main line (Toledo to Frankfort). Th crossing had wyes in each quadrant except the southwest quadrant,
The old tower was destroyed in a train derailment. It has been reported that this tower building was used previously at Britton, MI and moved when the crossing at that location was decommissioned.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the old tower and depot at Milan. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the new interlocking tower which was reportedly moved from Britton. 1988. 3rd photo, the tower and new depot in 1983. [Charlie Whipp]
Location: 42o04.02'N / 83o41.169'W.
June 21, 1930: Changes in this interlocking are made to accomodate automatic block signals on the Ann Arbor Railroad from Milan north to Ann Arbor. [MPUC-1930]