Station: Gowan, MI
Like many small towns during this era, Gowen was settled as a lumber community about 1847. It was first called Gregor's Mills and later Kaywood. [MPN] Gowen was located on a Detroit, Grand Rapids & Western railroad (later Pere Marquette) about five miles northwest of Greenville in Montcalm County.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Pere Marquette depot at Gowen, MI [Jack Stewart collection]