Station: Trufant, MI
Trufant was settled about 1871 with a saw mill established here. [MPN] It was located on a Pere Marquette branch line between Greenville and Howard City. The location was about 10 miles southeast of Howard City on the Montcalm/Kent county border.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PM depot at Trufont. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the "high bridge" over the PM line near Trufant. This bridge carried Briggs Road over the railroad line. 3rd photo, the potato sheds at Trufant. [Both, Greg Bunce collection]
1879 improvements: A new station was built here by the DL&N. [DL&N-1879]