Print

Station: Trufant, MI

PM Trufant MI Depot Briggs Road High Bridge at Trufant, MI Trufant MI Potato ShedsTrufant was settled about 1871 with a saw mill established here. [MPN] It was located on a Pere Marquette branch line between Greenville and Howard City. The location was about 10 miles southeast of Howard City on the Montcalm/Kent county border.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PM depot at Trufont. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the "high bridge" over the PM line near Trufant. This bridge carried Briggs Road over the railroad line. 3rd photo, the potato sheds at Trufant. [Both, Greg Bunce collection]

1879 improvements: A new station was built here by the DL&N. [DL&N-1879]