Station: Hillman, MI
Hillman was founded in 1880 at the very eastern edge of Montmorency County. It became a village in 1891. [MPN] It was initially called Brush Creek. [Wiki]
Hillman was on a branch line of the Detroit & Mackinac railroad from Alpena which reached the village in 1909. This was technically the end of the branch line but maps suggest that temporary forest lines extended west from here. The Hillman branch was pulled back to Emerson in 1929, eliminating rail service to the Village after only 20 years of service.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the D&M depot at Hillman. According to markings on the photo this was a picnic being held at the depot. August, 1910. [Alan Loftis collection]