Station: Brunswick, MI

PM Brunswick MI DepotBrunswick was founded aboutt 1873 on the county line between Muskegon and Newaygo counties. It was a stage stop for passengers and mail going to Hesperia. It was first called "County Line" and then Marionville but renamed Brunswick in 1897. [MPN]

Photo Info/Credit: The Pere Marquette depot at Brunswick with a loading passenger train. [Alan Loftis collection]


1920 - IN THE MATTER of THE APPLICATION OF THE PERE MARQUETTE RAILWAY COMPANY FOR PERMISION TO DISCONTINUE THE AGENCY AT ITS BRUNSWICK STATION, NEWAYGO COIUNTY, MICHIGAN.

After due notice to all parties in interest, this matter was brought on for hearing before the Commission at their offices in the City of Lansing on May the 18th, A. D., 1920 at 10:00 A. M., and The Commission after hearing the arguments presented in regard to said matter, and due consideration having been given thereto, have determined that the request is a reasonable one, and that permission should be granted to the Pere Marquette Railway Company to discontinue their agency at Brunswick Station, with the understanding that an agency be maintained at their station at Reeman. THEREFORE, It Is HEREBY ORDERED: That permission be and the same is hereby granted to the Pere Marquette Railway Company to discontinue their agency at Brunswick, Michigan, subject to the following conditions, to wit:

(a) That an agency be maintained at their station at Reeman, Michigan.

(b) That the Brunswick Station be kept open and in a sanitary condition for the accommodation of the patrons of the Pere Marquette Railway.

MICHIGAN PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION