Station: Whitehall, MI
Whitehall was settled about 1859 in northwest Muskegon County. It was originally called Mears but renamed in 1867. The town was incorporated as a village in 1867 and a city in 1942. [MPN]
Whitehall was located on a Pere Marquette branch line from Muskegon to Hart and Pentwater. It is about 15 miles north of downtown Muskegon, and adjacent to Montague across the lake.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a 1976 photo of the C&O depot serving Whitehall and Montague. [Charles Geletzke Jr.]. 2nd photo, an early postcard view showing the railroad and water tower at Whitehall. 3rd photo, the resttored depot serving Montague and Whitehall in 2003. [Alan Loftis]