Print

Station: Fruitland, MI

Fruitland was settled about 1869. An early sawmill was located here and the area had an abundance of farmland suited for growing grapes and peaches. This was a station on the Chicago & West Michigan railroad and from time to time called Mar and Sweets or Sweets Station. It was located on the south shore of White Lake in Muskegon County. [MPN]