Station: Newaygo, MI
Newaygo was settled about 1836 in Newaygo County. It incorporated as a village in 1867. [MPN]
The town was located on the Chicago & West Michigan railroad about 10 miles south of White Cloud.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, an old view of the Newaygo PM depot with a passenger train loading in front. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, the depot in 1977. [Charles Geletzke Jr.], 3rd photo, the same depot taken in the 1980's. [Dave Fulkerth]
1905: The PM enlarges the freight house at Newaygo. [PMAR-1905]
1906. Fire destroys the Edward Keniott planing mill at Newaygo. Loss of $3,000 partially insured. [AML-1/16/1906]