Station: White Cloud, MI
White Cloud was settled in the center of Newaygo County as a logging camp in 1871. It was known by other names such as Morgantown, Morganville and Morgan Sgtation. It was renamed as White Cloud in 1877. White Cloud was incorporated as a village in 1879 and became a city in 1950. [MPN]
White Cloud is at the center of Newaygo County and was the junction point of two Pere Marquette railroad lines. The north-south route from Grand Rapids to Baldwin crossed the southwest-northeast line between Muskegon and Big Rapids here.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Pere Marquette depot at White Cloud. It appears that the locomotive is filling with water from a standpipe and is overflowing. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, another view taken in 1915. 3rd photo, a view of a train in front of the depot, date not known. 4th photo, the same location with a better view of the water standpipe. [Alan Loftis collection]
1905 improvements: The PM builds a new depot at White Pigeon. [PMAR-1905]