Station: Birmingham, MI
Birmingham was settled in 1818 and was called Bloomfield. It was renamed in 1838. Birmingham became a village in 1864 and then a city in 1932. [MPN]
Birmingham is a station on the former Detroit & Milwaukee railroad (later GTW/CN) about three miles northwest of Royal Oak.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, an old photograph of the GTW station at Birmingham. [Dave Fulkerth collection]