Station: Clawson, MI
Settled about 1822, this area was known as Pumachug or "The Corners". It was renamed Clawson in 1880. The town became a village in 1921 and a city in 1940. [MPN]
Clawson's rail service was provided by an interurban railroad line which ran between Royal Oak and Rochester. Clawson is located on the south edge of the City of Troy in Oakland County.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, an interurban train at Clawson. 2nd photo, the crossing and part of the depot in town. [Alan Loftis collection]