Print

Station: Lake Orion, MI

Lake Orion MI Interurban depotLake Orion MI MCRR Depot Lake Orion was settled about 1819 and a power dam was built here in 1828. The town was known as Canandaigua and renamed Orion in 1834, and then Oakland in 1842. It became the village of Orion in 1859 and renamed Lake Orion in 1926. [MPN]

Lake Orion was located on the Michigan Central's Bay City branch, about 10 miles northwest of Rochester. The town was also served for a period of time by an interurban railroad time.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the DUR interurban depot at Lake Orion. 2nd photo, the Michigan Central depot at Lake Orion. [both, Alan Loftis collection]