Print

Station: Walled Lake, MI

GTW Walled Lake MI depot GTW Walled Lake MI depot Walled Lake was settled in southwest Oakland County about 1825. It was incorporated as a city in 1954. [MPN]

The town was located along the Grand Trunk Western's Jackson Branch, about six miles east of Wixom. In the 1980's, the railroad served a plastics plant (Gay Toys).

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the GTW depot at Walled Lake in the 1970's. [Charlie Whipp]. 2nd photo, a 2002 photo of the same depot under Coe Rail owneership. [Dale Berry]