Print

Station: West Branch, MI

West Branch MI railroad station West Branch MI railroad stationWest Branch MI railroad station West Branch MI railroad stationWest Branch MI railroad stationWest Branch was settled about 1871 when the Michigan Central railroad came through here on the way north to Mackinaw City. The town became a village in 1885 and a city in 1905. [MPN]

Photo Info/Credit: Top, an early 1900's photo of the MC depot at West Branch with a loading passenger trai. The train order/block signals are set to stop. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo the former MC depot. 3rd photo, the freight house in West Branch. [Both, Jim Fulkerth]. 4th photo, West Branch station in the winter. [Alan Loftis]. 5th photo, Detroit & Mackinac 466 pulls a freight south past the West Branch depot on December 23, 1977. [Neil Plagens]