Station: Bruce's Crossing, MI
Bruce's Crossing was settled about 1865 on a north-south Military Road which came through here. This was a relay station for U.S. Mail. [MPN]
Bruce's Crossing was a station stop on the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic railroad between Marquette and Duluth in southeast Ontonagon County. The station was located east of US-45 and was built about 1890. [UPM]
Three miles west of Bruce's Crossing in Stannard Township, the DSS&A crossed the Baltimore River on a thirteen-span steel trestle which was built in 1899 by the Lassig Breidge and Ironworks Company of Chicago. It is 8' wide, 435' long and rests on concrete abutments and steel piers ranging dfrom 20' to approximately 125' in heigght, and consists of thirteen steel deck girder spans. [UPM] The structure is currently used as a snowmobile/RV trail.