Print

Station: Lake Gogebic, MI

Lake Gogebic was discovered about 1853 by the Gogebic Mining Company. The townsite later became a station stop on the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic railroad, about three miles west of Bergland in southern Ontonagon County. The town was called Ballentine and then Korelock. It was renamed to Lake Gogebic in 1918. [MPN]

Lake Gogebic had a DSS&A water tower as of 1907. [SSP1907]