Station: Mass, MI
In 1848, copper was discovered here. Land was sold to the Mass Mining Company which organized operations here in 1855. Another town known as "Mass City" was platted two miles west of here but it was abandoned in 1899 when Mass was platted. [MPN] Mass was on the Mineral Range's branch to this mining region from Keweenaw Bay.