Print

Station: Pori, MI

Pori was founded about 1889 and had a station on the O&B Branch of the Milwaukee Road called Pori Siding. This was located about five miles southeast of McKeever. Later, Pori was the location of a Civilian Conservation Camp (CCC) in the depression of the 1930's. From 1943 to 1945 during World War II, a prisoner of war camp was located here. [MPN]