Station: Ewen, MI
Ewen was founded about 1888 as a logging camp. [MPN] A depot was established here by the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic railroad (later Soo Line) and the town was a division point for many years where train crews changed shifts.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the Soo Line depot at Wewn in the 1970's. [Rob Kitchen]. 2nd photo, the same depot in 1982. [Greg Bunce]
The DSS&A had a water tower at Ewen in 1907. [SSP1907]
The Ewem depot was located on Main Street and was built aboout 1890. [UPM]