Station: Chippewa, MI
Chippewa was settled about 1878 in southeast Osceola County. [MPN] The Pere Marquette railroad established a depot here. This was also known as Chippewa Lake.
1882 improvement: The DL&N finished a new station here. [DL&N-1882]
1888 fire. The DL&N reported that Chippewa Lake suffered a fire in the early part of the year, destroying 15,000,000 feet of lumber which otherwise would have been shipped over the road. [DL&N-1888]
1889 scales. The scales at Chippewa Lake were taken up, repaired and rest. [DL&N-1889]