Station: Sallings, MI
Sallings was located on the Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw railroad (later MC/NYC) about three miles south of downtown Gaylord. This was originally a village called Bagley and then renamed to Sallings in 1899. The Salling Hanson Lumber Company was active in this area. [MPN]
Sallings was a junction point where MC forest lines were served in eastern Otsego County with the Bagley Branch diverging from the main line here. It was also the dividing point between state-owned rail and the Detroit & Mackinac trackage when the D&M operated this line after it was sold to the state by Penn Central. The railroad had a 1,904' passing siding here in 1911.