Station: Waters, MI
Waters was settled about 1873, the location of a sawmill settlement. The railroad came through and established a station in 1876. This town, in southern Otsego count is at the northern end of Bradford Lake and was called by that name until 1885. [MPN]
The town was created by the Wright-Wells lumber Company. It is located about 10 miles south of Gaylord.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a Michigan Central section crew poses with their hand car somewhere near Waters. [Mark Worrall collection]