Station: Gaylord, MI - Dayton Last Block Works, MI
The Dayton Last Block Works was located near Gaylord., Note the large railroad yard alongside the plant. This was located south of West Fourth Avenue along the railroad across from the Jackson Wilie & Co. hoops and staves plant.
This plant was established in the 1895 and served until at least 1947. The plant manufactured baseball bats, croquet sets, ten pins, potato mashers and other household products.
Photo Info/Credit: A 1910 photo of the block works in Gaylord.