Station: Spring Lake, MI
Spring Lake was the location of an early mill on a point of land outside of Grand Haven in Ottawa County. It was first called Hopkins Mill, then Mill Point. It was renamed Spring Lake in 1867 and incorporated as a village in 1869. [MPN]
Spring Lake was a station on the Detroit, Grand Haven and Milwaukee railroad (later GTW) about two miles east of Ferrysburg in northwest Ottawa County.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the GTW depot at Spring Lake. [Alan Loftis]