Station: Bridgeport, MI

Bridgeport was settled about 1836 and is located about six miles southeast of downtown Saginaw. Over the years, it was also known as Cass Bridge and Bridgeport Centre. It was renamed Bridgeport in 1880. [MPN]

Bridgeport is located on the Pere Marquette main line from Flint to Saginaw. The town also had rail service from an interurban line which extended south from Saginaw to Frankenmuth and Flint.


Timeline

 1884.A Freight Train Dumped Into The River. April 26. A freight train on the Flint & Pere Marquette Road was crossing the covered bridge over the Cass River, six miles east of [Saginaw] this evening, when the bridge gave way, carrying twelve cars into the river, fifteen feet below. The locomotive and tender crossed in safety. The loss will be heavy, as the cars were loaded, so far as known. No one was injured. The mail trains bound both ways were delayed. [DFP-1884-0428]