Station: Chesaning, MI
Chesaning was settled in southwest Saginaw County about 1839. The town was incorporated as a village in 1869. [MPN].
Chesaning was located on the Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw (later MC/NYC/PC) line between Owosso and Paines, specifically 16 miles north of Owosso.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, the MC depot and passenger train at Chesaning about 1915. 2nd photo, a similar photo. [Alan Loftis collection]
1917. The MC had an operator-agent here on the two shifts. [TRT]