Station: East Saginaw, MI
East Saginaw was built about 1850 on the east side of the Saginaw River in Saginaw County. The town was incorporated as a village in 1855 and as a city in 1857. In 1873, it was consolidated with South Saginaw. and then with the City of Saginaw in 1889. [MPN] Railroads often refered to this as "Saginaw East Side", and across the river as "Saginaw West Side". For a number of years, there were railroad depots on both sides.