Station: Merrill, MI

PM Depot at Merrill MIDL&N at Merril Merrill was settled about 1872 when the Saginaw Valley & St. Louis (later PM) railroad came through. The town was incorporated as a village in 1889. This area was swept by a forest fire in 1881. [MPN]

Merrill is located about 15 miles west of Paines in northwest Saginaw County.

Photo Info/Credit: Top, the PM depot at Merrill, date not known. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, DL&N No. 13 with train at Merrill, date unknown. [UMB]


 1910 station: The PM built an addition to the station here in 1910. [PMAR-1909]