Station: Merrill, MI
Merrill was settled about 1872 when the Saginaw Valley & St. Louis (later PM) railroad came through. The town was incorporated as a village in 1889. This area was swept by a forest fire in 1881. [MPN]
Merrill is located about 15 miles west of Paines in northwest Saginaw County.
Photo Info/Credit: The PM depot at Merrill, date not known. [Alan Loftis collection]
1910 station: The PM built an addition to the station here in 1910. [PMAR-1909]