Station: St. Charles, MI
St. Charles was settled about 1852 in Saginaw County, and incorporated as a village in 1869. [MPN]
St. Charles was located on the Jackson, Lansing & Saginaw railroad line (later MC/NYC/PC) which ran from Owosso to Saginaw. The town is 15 miles southwest of downtown Saginaw.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a view of the Michigan Central passenger station at St. Charles. [Gordon Bean collection]
1881. The MC had a drawbridge near St. Charles over the Bad River, built in 1881 and 37 1/2 feet in length. [MCR/1889]
1917. The MC had an operator-agent here on two shifts. [TRT]